Thursday, June 29, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I have been busy trying to update my Bachelors degree in Mental Disabilities K-12 in order to obtain sustainance, together with the fact that Ben may go to college or tech school, and unless things change, he probably won't be looking at scholarships.

In South Carolina, the state has a wonderful service that ties the school districts together with teachers who are looking for work, both in geographic and particular subject areas. Although I have been told Special Ed jobs are relatively easy to find, in a five district area, I have not come cross more than 10 or so I was qualified for.

I had three districts down as places I would like to work for over a month. I changed to add 2 more...AND...THEY CALLED ME WITHIN HOURS!

The Director of Special Education was impressed (I'm quite an actress..... :) ) and sent me on to the Principal of an area elementary school. Fooled him too, and he offered me a job based on references/certification checking out.

The interesting thing, and the reason why I am boring you with the details is: this district is establishing a sizable fund for getting augumentive communication boards for the students, and I would be instrumental in helping out with that!

Thank you, Ballastexistenz, for you timely article.

I've got some reading to do.

3 comments:

Kristina Chew said...

Congrats! Do you have an interview, then? When and let us know what happens!

Bonnie Ventura said...

Yay for you! I hope all goes well, and wish you the best of luck!

Vidya Ganesh said...

WOW!!! that sounds like an interesting project! My best wishes to you. :).

Autism Blogs Directory