Sunday, July 30, 2006

I am selfish...I'll admit

I'll admit it...I am putting links to really important material on my blog. I have gettingthetruthout.org memorized, but I think this link is important,too. I don't want to lose access to it when my 20 day history runs out.

Thanks to "consumer" Rich Hohn, who gives a great description of what it is like to be unchallenged.

It's like my teacher's planner, this blog is...If I lose it, I'll lose my mind, in a way. I have a lawyers mind: get everything in writing!! If it has an existence outside this great, confusing conflux of a brain there is a chance I will look at it again and be reminded where I am going.

Ben is doing great, and FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, looking forward to school. I must have bored the hell out of him this summer...it was like "Why don't you watch tv babe?" which he used to want to do constantly. He finally BURNED OUT ON TV, a thing I thought would never happen.

No mother of the year awards this year, I guess. Kinda like this poor guy!

Parents of the year return honor after crimes revealed
By PAUL NELSON
The (Myrtle Beach) Sun News

Three days after winning parents of the year honors in South Carolina, a Myrtle Beach couple returned the award amid revelations he is on probation for arson and recently pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor.

A father of three adult children, Nabil Khalil and his wife Nargues, who have been married for 25 years, were recognized as part of the Parent's Day Council as outstanding parents and members of the community. Similar events meant to "uplift parenthood" are held across the country, according to web site for the Parent's Day Council, which is affiliated with the Washington D.C.-based American Family Coalition...

Tim Murphy, state director in South Carolina, was stunned Tuesday night to learn of the charges. By Wednesday afternoon, he said, Nabil Khalil had given back the award. The group was looking into Khalil's background, something they failed to do at the outset, said Murphy....


During the ceremony Sunday, the winning couple received a plaque and letters from politicians, including a commendation from President Bush, were read to the small gathering.

2 comments:

Kristina Chew said...

Maybe you've discovered the best antidote to getting kids not to watch TV: Just let them do it still they're begging to go to the library.....

Mum is Thinking said...

Rose, I hope you have the time for the book meme...'cause I'm tagging you :-) http://shhmumisthinking.blogspot.com/2006/08/book-tag.html

If you're too busy, though, don't worry about it. I'm imagining you're piled under with work at the moment.

Autism Blogs Directory