Monday, December 25, 2006

Autism on C.N.N....NO AUTISMSPEAKS!!!!!


Sanjay Gupta did a small segment on Autism on C.N.N. this morning. So small, it is not even on the web page. I waited with baited breath...I have always had a great respect for Dr. Gupta as he seems to "get it" in the same way I do in so many things. I was waiting to be disappointed...

He had on a family, whose oldest son was Aspergers (post PDD-NOS), and whose oldest daughter had a more severe form of autism. He mentioned the one in 166, but gave no reasons except doctors think it is genetic, and ............................

No tug at the heartstrings because of the difficulty for parents...No "scarey" pictures to imply trajedy but realistic ones...I'm going to have to paraphrase because the link isn't up but, the father ACTUALLY IMPLIED HIS CHILDREN WERE A BLESSING!!! THE AUTISTIC ONES, I'M TELLIN' YA, NOT THE "NORMAL" ONES...AND THE THING THAT REALLY GOT ME WAS NO LINK TO ALLISON'S FRIGHT-SITE!

What the hell is wrong with these people (tongue in cheek...)?

Dr. Gupta, I still love you!




7 comments:

Kristina Chew said...

Just heard about this from my mother-in-law----


Merry Xmas!

Camille said...

Sounds great. I don't get cable tv. I"m glad Dr. Gupta got it right.

mcewen said...

Autism - hard visible, even in the small print - go figure. Cheers

Natalia said...

(1) hooray for Dr. Gupta. he seems one of the non-evil ppl on CNN.

(2) we are in the same state and i have a local question. how can i contact you? thanks.

jypsy said...

Except the whole thing was prefaced by the "alarming autism epidemic". I emailed them my displeasure.

Anonymous said...

The video is on cnn......I cant access a link from work... just look for it .. you'll find it ~

Anonymous said...

there is no news too small about this epedemic---we parents want our children acknowledged!

Autism Blogs Directory