Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thanks to Posautive,





THE OTHER HALF...how novel...

I look to signs from the heavens. You could say the good part of Catholicism is so embedded in me...not even logic can dissuade me that coincidences are merely coincidences. I haven't been to church in years...BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

There is a silly belief that if one says a novena (don't ask) to St. Teresa, the "little flower", one will receive an answer in roses. I got a chain prayer (as us no-brains do...most of them are bullshit)about Saint Teresa from a "fundamentalist" friend. I was wondering what in the hell a fundamentalist was doing touching anything that stunk of papal (AKA, the ANTI-CHRIST!!!) catholicism...I guess the pull is too invincible...

Well, anyhow, like Bev and her 8's, I have an obsession with the number 3 for luck. (The good, the bad, and the ugly; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost; Black, white, and the grey in between; ying, yang, and yahoo....sorry....)

Yes, I'm droning on...

I have tried for 5 months to get along well enough at my present job at an ABA residential "school" (INSTITUTION...schools are not like this...)

And then this damn Maurice Snell saying things in the video that blow my mind...things like,
"I could talk at that time but I didn't want to speak because I fear for others to think that I am a retarded child."


Oh, yeah...the sign from St. Teresa? The maker of the video?

rosebudk

It's just a coincidence.

It's just a coincidence that his parents found people who believed
"Individuals with autism have difficulties in socially engaging people, but that's only half the story. The other half is that people have difficulty relating to them...



Spoken by a Dr.Stephen W. Porges.

4 comments:

Marla Fauchier Baltes said...

I have a thing for Saint Rita. I have a picture of her on my blog.

Maddy said...

I find it hard to shake that kind of thinking too.
Best wishes

The Glasers said...

I think I would go stark raving mad working at an ABA residential school. . . . How do you cope? :-)

r.b. said...

Because I told them flat out that I CAN'T DO BEHAVIORISM, even though it is the main focus.

I teach kids to read. I teach kids math. Seeing their success keeps me going.

Like a thorn in a saddleblanket, I challenge ideas. Basically, the people here are kind-hearted, and will try like hell to avoid an incident.

It is rough...I wish there was more out there with "scientific validity".

Autism Blogs Directory