Sunday, December 09, 2007

Echolalia...too important to forget

Sometimes I come across a blogpost that I wish I had written, so on the mark it is...and I try to leave a reference to it on my blog so I can look it up again another day.

MOM-NOS describes echolalia in a way that could help every person who sees it as anything other than an exquisite way to acquire language. Her description is so simply put forward (ala Albert Einstein "Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler) that it shouldn't be missed.

4 comments:

kristina said...

Charlie did not echo at first----indeed, not a lot till the past 2 years! (Sentences now.)

Maddy said...

I'll go and take a look but I suspect it's already familiar.
Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Marla said...

Maizie did echo for a very long time. She only seems to do it now when stressed or after seizures. She also uses a "baby voice" with it.

Jeanne said...

Thank you so much for linking to that older blogpost. You're right, Mom-NOS is right on the mark and describes my childs language progress to a T.

He's almost 11 now and has great language skills, so I'll always think of echolalia as a gateway to bigger and better things.

Autism Blogs Directory