Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Nerdfighter's Happy Dance Project



Such beautiful posts on this New Years Day!! So many make me think, make me cry, make me realize how blessed we are to be who we are, living in these times.

My New Years resolution? To create the need in Ben to do the HAPPY DANCE! At the present, he is just "too cool" to make a fool out of himself as his 51 year old Ma is prone to do.

Hey, I know I am "squirrel bait"! One of my favorite jokes is to roll up the windows before the flying squirrels attack...Thus, I don't think it's a coincidence that I 'found' nerdfighters (brotherhood 2.0)before the year was up. Like a moth to a flame...Like a squirrel to squirrel-bait...

brotherhood 2.0 is the video-blog created by two competitive nerdy brothers who decided to end their habit of text communication and only communcate (there is no "i" in brotherhood) by video for one year every weekday. Through the year, somehow, they became "Nerd-fighters", and attempted to lower the world "suck" levels by asking other nerds to join them in this mission.

It's "quasi-intellectual" humor, and it amazes me two people could be so proud of their nerdiness, and create a "coming out" of nerds across the world! It feeds our inner nerds, you know, that have been neglected, rejected, and shamed into hiding.

It seems, that instead of having blood and guts inside, nerds are full of AWESOME!

6 comments:

Casdok said...

Sounds like an interesting project for the new year!!!!

kristina said...

I was just talking to Jim last night about my limited (nerd-like?) dancing ability----a great resolution!

Happy New Year!

r.b. said...

I always knew you had, ahem (cough, cough)"tendencies", Kristina...

Casdok, your post made me cry, and that hasn't happened in a long time!

Marla said...

Doing the Happy Dance! I should make that a goal too. We are all often times too darn serious. I love nerds. Married one and he is just the best.

r.b. said...

Marla, if your husband is interested, there is a nerd test on the left sidebar. I'm not as big a nerd as I thought I was, but scored 70 versus 52 for my son versus 30 for my husband...no wonder I like the nerdfighters so much more...

Maddy said...

Fabulozo!

Autism Blogs Directory