Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ben's essay about essays

When I write an essay, I want to be clear on the topic that the essay is about. In the case of a political essay, I would want to make sure that each side of the issue being discussed is represented as equally as possible. My essay would try to be serious. But if it ever got too serious unnecessarily, then a completely absurd yet related to the topic joke would be written in. If an essay were to get too silly however, I would scrap it and start over. unless it were an essay about Monty Python’s Flying Circus, in which case it would need to be very silly. However, if I am to be writing a technical essay, I am to be very serious about the whole thing, because any silliness on the part of the essay writer could result in a catastrophic mechanical failure for the reader. When writing an essay, I believe that one should do the research beforehand in order for said essay to be accurate. I also think that one should not try to put their opinions into an essay, so as not to give the reader any unnecessary influence. Unless you are writing a persuasive essay, in which case you would still need to provide a reason for your opinion. Also, I always try to provide information that is new so as not to sound as if I am regurgitating what has already been said. I know that I have just contradicted myself when I said that I try not to Regurgitate old information. This brings me to my next point, never unnecessarily provide contradicting information. Contradicting information only makes your essay confusing and harder to understand. Well, that is my philosophy on essay writing. I hope you managed to gain something useful from it. Adieu.

I liked it. It made me laugh, and it is just like Ben.

("Everything always has to be a game with you, doesn't it!" I say.

 "Pretty much...")

I don't know what to do.  I'm a damn poor English teacher, and if you think I can make him plug into the standard formula; well, it just doesn't seem to work.  I do have a plan, though.  For a while I'm going to see how many writers I enjoy follow the

Main Idea
Topic sentence
supporting points
conclusion.

I just don't know.
Where does the "voice"begin and the structure end?

2 comments:

Essay Writing Service help UK said...

Writing ability is crucial to anybody success and your future success. There are many organizations which offer their services online at less amount of time by hiring the professional writers who specialized in creating and delivering assignments varied in nature and content free from plagiarism.

emily said...

An essay can do this in many different ways such as exploring a topic in depth, construct a clear and strong argument. A persuasive essay on the purpose and structure of essays will be written from scratch, so you do not have to worry about its originality.

Thesis Help

Autism Blogs Directory